Thursday, July 20, 2006

Poem For Sheila

Poem For Sheila





||||||





world is rejecting a male and a female kid who are
started to experience a frame. Within this frame
I lay peeled potatoes in the iron pot,
The hoof-marks on the dead wildcat
In Spanish he whispers there is no time left.
What you have heard is true. I was in his house. His wife carried
In the high
I can’t see you very well
When you run off, I start after you,
Lightning hits the roof,
I’m running away from men who are trying to
here, and all beyond is so unknown and great that
Grammar resemblance.
announce establish rubber with it post around
now polish the crucible
in the field-furrow
broad pink hairy hands
survive as if in two
radio backed by a chorus on the road through continuous
rising and falling. In the house my calls turned back cease-
Recurrent images
I look at my own
being the secretion as myth, which is illusion. The waking
“non-remembrance” is Thetis, Achilles’ mother, at the same
the hospital foundering on not
legs
narrow passage from the kitchen to the wide studio, and
borrow my movie projector. “Let me in,” I exclaim, he is
How can I describe anything when all these interruptions keep arriving and then
LAMONTE had this dream listening to Lamonte GET ALREADY SCARED
you like “the gist”
trailing my plant for
Wallace Stevens said that “Poetry is a scholar’s art.” It is for some.
SHE JDICKINSON This Chasm, Sweet, upon my life
Born a beak missing
How then did I force the door
Polystylistics is when a knight from the Middle Ages
of cosmic instability
(lament of the sphere)
A head possesses several holes
“Did anything else happen tonight?”
There’s no way to prepare for horror. Language
we cannot rest innocent, all abandon to survive — mother
Profuse, dense vegetative branching
present their bills
the red sun of dusk
(Voice) :Her thought casts her tendings
A few fragments which occurred to me while




||||||





response to your “Difficult Made Human”
pp. 6 & 7, American Book Review

constructed of first lines taken from pages 6 & 7
or pages adding to 6 & 7 (e.g., 15 & 16, 42 & 43, etc.)
of the following books


Kathy Acker, Great Expectations
Susan Howe, My Emily Dickinson
Alice Notley, Songs For The Unborn Second Baby
Hannah Weiner, Clairvoyant Journal
Hannah Weiner, The Fast
Leslie Scalapino, How Phenomena Appear To Unfold
Leslie Scalapino, Objects In The Terrifying Tense Longing From Taking Place
Ai, Cruelty
Susan Smith Nash, A Paleontologist’s Notebook
Celestine Frost, I gathered my ear from the green field
Celestine Frost, A Yelp in the Ideal
Carolyn Forché, The Country Between Us
Joanne Kyger, Places To Go
Alyssa Wolf, Vaudeville
Cole Swensen, New Math
Colleen Lookingbill, Incognita
Diane Ward, Imaginary Movie
H. D., Tribute To The Angels
Gertrude Stein, How To Write
Nina Iskrenko, The Right To Err


07.13.06